SplashDrone 3+ VS SPRY? Which drone to choose?
In case you are still wondering, even though these two drones have so much in common, the SplashDrone 3+ and the SPRY drone completely differ from one each other.
It’s like comparing a truck to a motorcycle. The SplashDrone 3+ is a big and strong drone, while the SPRY is a compact and a lightweight drone.
Still, I want you to know what’s alike and what’s not, so, if you are about to decide on your next drone, you will know better what to choose.
So here is my comparison of the SplashDrone 3+ VS SPRY drone. I divided it into 3 sections for your convenience and in order to emphasize the advantages of each drone.
What’s alike between SplashDrone 3+ and SPRY drone?
- SwellPro, the pioneers of waterproof drones, made these two drones.
- These two drones were released to market two months ago (October 2018).
- Both the drones, the SplashDrone 3+, and the SPRY drone, are completely waterproof.
- They both have a waterproof camera that can record video under the water.
- The drones’ floats on the water.
- Basic flying features are the same, as the return to home feature.
- You can land the drones on the water, and take off back again from the water.
- You can see on the display of the remote control whatever the drone is recording – no need for a smartphone at all.
- They both have a flip feature, which means that you can flip the drone in the water upside down and back again.
Watch this video, which shows you how you can land the SPRY and SplashDrone 3+ drones on the water, and it is compared to other drones like DJI Mavic, Spark and etc.
What are the main things these two drones differ?
This section will really help you understand the differences between these 2 great drones… The SplashDrone 3+ VS SPRY drone!
I will start with the points that the SPRY drone is better than the SplashDrone 3+
What are the features the SPRY is better
When we compared the SplashDrone 3+ VS SPRY, here is where the SPRY drone is better:
- The SPRY drone has a waterproof remote control. And to be precise, the SPRY drone is the first ever drone that has a waterproof remote control.
- The SPRY drone has a “Return to Boat” feature which basically will return wherever the remote control is. This feature is missing in the SplashDrone 3+.
- The video quality of the drones is almost the same, however, the SPRY drone is having a 4K 30FPS 64Mbps, and for the SplashDrone 3+ it is 4K 30FPS 60Mbps.
- The camera’s FOV of the SPRY drone is 92.6 degrees, and for the SplashDrone 3+ it is 90 degrees.
- The flying speed of the SPRY is better than the SplashDrone 3+, as it’s speed is 65 km/h, and for the SplashDrone 3+ it is 58 km/h
- The SPRY drone has “Follow Orbit” feature, while the SplashDrone 3+ doesn’t have it. Follow orbit means that the drone will follow you, while smoothly track you in a 360 degrees’ video.
What are the features the SplashDrone 3+ is better
When we compared the SplashDrone 3+ VS SPRY, here is where the SplashDrone is better:
- The max altitude of the SplashDrone 3+ is 200 meters in GPS mode and 1000 meters in ATTI mode. The SPRY drone has a max altitude of 200 meters.
- The SplashDrone 3+ can resist better in winds, up to 12 m/s, and the SPRY drone can hold in 10m/s.
- The transmission range of the SplashDrone 3+ is 1600 meters, and the same for the video streaming. But for the SPRY drone the transmission range is 800 meters and for video streaming, it is 500 meters.
- The SplashDrone 3+ is capable to carry weights of 1 kilogram, while the SPRY drone is not recommended to carry any weight.
- SplashDrone 3+ is a modular drone, meaning you can switch devices according to your needs (cameras and payload release devices). The SPRY drone, on the other hand, is not modular, and cannot have any device attached to it.
- The SplashDrone 3+ has a cruise mode, while the SPRY drone doesn’t have it.
- The flight time for the SplashDrone 3+ is 20-25 minutes, while you can fly the SPRY drone for 17 minutes.
- The photo quality of the SplashDrone is 14MP and for the SPRY drone, it is 12MP.
- The stabilization of the SPRY is based on electronic image stabilization. The SplashDrone 3+, on the other hand, is using a 3-axis gimbal.
What are the other things these 2 drones differ
- The size of the SPRY drone is 234 x 249 x 90mm (LxWxH). The size of SplashDrone 3+ is more than double of the SPRY, and it is 504 x 504 x 227mm (LxWxH).
- Since the SplashDrone 3+ is bigger than the SPRY drone, it is also heavier. The weight of the SplashDrone 3+ is 1447 grams and the weight of the SPRY drone is 538 grams. These weights are not including the battery – only the aircraft.
It seems that most of the features of the SplashDrone 3+ and the SPRY drone are different.
If you are about to purchase a new drone, think what do you need the drone for. Is it for water adventure, in this case, go with the SPRY drone. But if you need the drone for fishing or high-quality video recording, I will suggest you go with the SplashDrone 3+.
The price of these 2 drones quite reflect the expectations. The price of SplashDrone 3+ starts at 1200$ (and this price will go higher as you will purchase attachments for it). The SPRY drone is cheaper than the SplashDrone and it is trending for 900$.
But no matter which drone you choose, you will have a great drone in your hands which will bring you a great enjoyment.